T had her appointment today and her platelet counts went down again, but not as drastic as last time. The doctor jumped her dose up to a big dose (READ: Side effects include MASSIVE body hair growth, which is AWESOME since she is 1. A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL! 2. IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!Isn't High school hard enough without having to deal with this lovely problem?)
I am so frustrated right now. Also, she is scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy next week. Do you understand me???? We were this close! this close to being done. I am trusting God, but man, am I frustrated. The doctor read new research from Italy (since this disorder is so rare). She is encouraged that this will work better. I don't really know what to think right now. I am so very frustrated (I know I keep using that word). It would be such a blessing if we didn't have to worry about this anymore. We pray for a life-long remission for our daughter. She wants so desperately to be "normal". Who doesn't want health and happiness for their children? Aren't mommies supposed to be able to make everything better? Please, Lord. Speak to me! I am desperate for you.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your post on my blog. It came to me when I was at the end of my strength.
I am praying for your daughter... will you tell me a little more about what's going on with her? I hear the term "bone marrow biopsy" and I just cringe inside. I endured that when I was 5 years old and wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I am sick to my stomach just thinking about how a world can be so unfair and full of pain. I want to hug you all, I want to cry with you. But rest assured, I'll be praying for STRENGTH. I'm weak myself, but we both serve One who knows no weakness. You'll get through these days.
And regarding her platelets, I hear you on that one as well. Mine usually hang out around 30,000. Every now and then I'll get a lab saying I'm up to 35 or 36, but as I said, low 30s is my "norm." It's so hard, I know.
I wish I could come just hang out with you guys and be a friend to your daughter. Let me know if there's anything I can do. And email me anytime - agmcgaha - at - gmail.com :)
Prayers of strength for you....
xoxo
(And thanks again for your sweet words on my blog, you will never ever know how much they touched my heart last evening... and continue to today... and will tomorrow.......)
Post a Comment